Join the Texas Ski Council and 7 of our member clubs in Whitefish, Montana February 23 to March 2, 2019
Whitefish was selected as a top-ten destination by Ski magazine. This 2017-18 ranking should be enough to convince skiers who are hesitate to leave Colorado that it’s time to ski and explore Montana!
(all pictures courtesy of Whitefish Mountain Resort/Craig Moore Glacierworld.com)
SKI.com 2017-18 Rating: #10 Overall (#7 Service, #7 Grooming, #8 Kid Friendly, #10 Character, #10 Lodging) More Whitefish Info: Whitefish info
- Great snow! Received more than 400 inches of snow the last two years with 80 days of snowfall last season.
- Short lift lines – Whitefish had a record-breaking year of 380,000 skiers this past season. Typical Colorado resorts are well over a million.
- Low elevation – 6817 ft at the summit - but deep snow
- Terrain – there’s a little bit for everybody
- Lift ticket prices – 70 and older ski FREE
- 360 degrees of skiing off the summit - Views of Glacier Nat. Park, Flathead Valley/Lake, and the Canadian Rockies!
- Free public transportation to and from the town of Whitefish – great après-ski scene and night life
- Friendly locals!
Town and History
Scenic, picturesque and Skiing in Whitefish dates back to 1947 when local skiers hiked up the mountain in leather ski boots with wooden skies. Today the town of Whitefish is a Hallmark-movie town with rustic pubs, local breweries, fine-dining restaurants with locally-harvested and organic ingredients, live music and, naturally, shopping. It is at the edge of beautiful Glacier National Park and less than an hour drive from Canada.
Member Clubs are staying in a variety of accommodations in town and at the mountain. The beautiful in-town Lodge at Whitefish Lake is where all the TSC parties and activities will be held. Contact your club Trip Coordinator for their lodging assignment.
The local Airport is Glacier International Airport (FCA) and is located only 20 to 35 minutes from your lodging, depending on where you are staying. Talk to your Trip Coordinator for ground transportation arrangements to and from the airport.
You won’t want to miss this trip. We’re happy to help you connect with a club if you are new to the Texas Ski Council and I can’t wait to provide you with more information on what will become one of the most memorable TSC trips: WHITEFISH!
TSC Trip Coordinator, Final Showdown, Whitefish